Mia and the children officially open their new home and move in to the permanent Mia’s Children Headquarters at the end of this week.
Certainly this is a dream come true for Mia and the whole organization. Thank you to everyone who has given time, money, clothing, prayers, and more over the last 14 years to help make this happen. There will be a ceremony on Friday at the new headquarters in Bucharest. (If you’re nearby and are interested in attending, contact us for more information!)
In the meantime, those of us who are very far away can pray. Please pray this week:
- For a smooth transition into the new home.
- For God to provide all of the remaining furniture and household needs – please contact us if you’re interested in donating to this fund.
- For the Lord to be glorified and honored in this time of celebration – even as many people of different faiths have come together to make this happen.
Please praise God with us, too!
- That he has provided above and beyond.
- That Costel’s dream could be realized and he could even see a glimpse of it before he died.
- That the Lord has supplied so many men and women ready to give and help Mia’s Children, especially in Romania.
- For the obvious new blessings of a permanent home, warm beds, a big kitchen, study space, offices, and room to grow.
We remember the account of Abraham in Hebrews, a man familiar with homelessness and wandering, and a man who knew well what it meant to dream with God’s help and wait on him to provide what he promised:
By faith Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going.
By faith he made his home in the promised land like a stranger in a foreign country; he lived in tents, as did Isaac and Jacob, who were heirs with him of the same promise.
For he was looking forward to the city with foundations, whose architect and builder is God.
This week we thank God, the Great Architect, who has built a city for Mia’s Children.